Hello long-time and new friends.
It is a pleasure to get together at this year’s 8th annual Calgary Arab Film Nights festival.
Seeing what is going on in the world and these times that we are all going through, this year’s festival will have a couple of differences which we are sure you will like:
- We will be bringing you a hybrid format festival with both In-Cinema and On-line film programming, with feature films, shorts, and documentaries
- The In-Cinema program will be held at the Globe Cinema with your personal health and safety being of foremost importance – check out the Globe’s website to see how we are meeting or exceeding AHS standards.
- Screenings at the Globe Cinema will be limited to a maximum of 100 guests with all ticket sales on-line. The Globe’s great popcorn will be available from the Concession on the same floor as the cinema. Regrettably however, it will not be possible for us to offer the usual delicious varieties of Arab foods and snacks
- We are looking forward for the On-Line film programme being available throughout Western Canada through our first “VIRTUAL FESTIVAL” and to making new friends. For technical support in accessing the on-line programme, please click on “Need Help” on the top right corner or look for the Live Chat Support at the bottom of the help page.
- As an expression of support and in a spirit of brotherhood with the people in Beirut dealing with the aftermath of the August 4th explosion and tragic losses, ticket revenues of both In-Cinema and On-Line screenings of the Critically acclaimed Lebanese film “1982” will be donated to the Red Cross/Crescent as part of a program that will attract a matching contribution from the Province of Alberta
- This year’s festival will be present the biggest film programme of our festival series to date. We are pleased to present On-Line our festival series’ first Iraqi film: “Haifa Street”
Follow-us on-line and tell your friends!
We hope you will enjoy this year’s festival and will welcome your feedback